wait i don't get it...

is this a music video? or a commercial for Hot Topic?
watch the Avril Lavigne music video for "Girlfriend" below

follow up question: is it weird for anyone else to watch Avril sing a song with the lyrics
"I don't like your girlfriend" when we all know she's married in real life?
follow follow up question: does anyone else find it odd to be yearning for the days where Avril was trying to be punk not "hot"
this video says to me:
"HEY! Look at me! I wear mini-school girl skirts. I know I used to trash Britney for wearing mini skirts, but it's different cause BLAAAH I'm Avril. I have a snaggle tooth. I'm Canadian. I'm wearing high heels ironically. That's right I'm unpredictable. You can't tell me what to do! I sang on the soundtrack for Eragon. What have you ever done for humanity? BLAAAAH"

No comments: